Saturday, November 7, 2015

Banana Chocolate Poppers

I came across an interesting easy-to-do dessert as I was browsing Just a taste...a very well collected site with interesting recipes which the photos alone was enough to make me salivate.

It's a simple yet appetizing dessert called "Banana Chocolate Wonton Poppers."



Picture on the right is taken from Just a taste.


However, I did some variations to my liking. Instead of using wanton skin, I substitute it with store bought frozen puff pastry. The ingredients are easy to get. I used dark chocolate bits, mixed nuts of hazelnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds and not forgetting bananas.

There is no specific measurement to this recipe. The photos shown are the steps that I have taken to prepare the delicious sweet pastry.


Cut out the pastry...I used round ring cutter. I put 4 chocolate bits to each pastry.


Sprinkle chopped nuts onto the chocolate bits.


Top with a banana slice or two.


Once all the pastries all filled, cover the fillings with yet another puff pastry. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal and brush the pastry with egg wash. Baked at about 180 degrees.


The final product.


There you go! My kids had 3-4 servings each. It's quite a hit in the family. Will definitely bake this again.

The fillings are pretty healthy I must say. Adapted from Dr Mercola's site, some of the Dark Chocolate's Health Secrets are:

- Anti-inflammatory
- Lowers Alzhelmer's risk
- Anti-diabetic and anti-obesity
- Reduce stress hormones
- May help extend lifespan
- And many more

If your have different variations, do share it us. Happy
baking!

Calories:
Puff pastry (one serving): 65
Dark Chocolate: 6
Nuts: 15g
Banana: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment